Alta Advantage Showcase Tour 2017 – by the numbers
uests from around the world joined together to share management strategies and insight during the 18th Alta Advantage Showcase Tour held in Michigan June 21-23, 2017.
On-farm stations were set up to provide insight on all areas of dairy herd management. Some of the topics covered included:
- Milk quality and parlor management
- Transition cow management
- Feed and nutrition
- Colostrum management and calf raising
- Heifer raising
- Labor organization
- Genetic planning
- Dairy technology
- Performance Pens featuring some of the newest Alta sires to have milking daughters
- and more!
Here’s a look at the 2017 Alta Advantage Showcase Tour, by the numbers:
360 – guests
26 – countries represented
18 – Alta Advantage Showcase Tours now complete
35 – on-farm stations that guests experienced throughout the tour
6 – charter buses required to transport guests
19,000 – cows milked among all pre-tour and Showcase host farms
9 – outstanding host dairies that graciously opened their farm for our guests to visit
- Pre-tour host: Rich-Ro South Dairy | St. Johns, MI
- Pre-tour host: Berlyn Acres | Fowler, MI
- Walnutdale Farms | Wayland, MI
- Prairie View Dairy | Delton, MI
- Schaendorf Farms | Allegan, MI
- Tubergen Dairy | Ionia, MI
- Simon Farms | Westphalia, MI
- Steenblik Dairy | Pewamo, MI
- Double Eagle Dairy | Middleton, MI
These numbers sum up to ONE tremendous tour!
Guests enjoyed the friendly camaraderie and the ability to learn from both our host farm owners and others on the tour. These experiences left everyone with a lasting impression of Alta’s progressive approach to create value, build trust and deliver results to clients around the world.